- How much does the event cost? The event is FREE.
- Do I need to pre-register my family ot group? Pre-registration is strongly recommended. Registration will be open in March.
- Can my children participate without adult supervision? At least one adult must accompany up to 3 children throughout the building process. Parents and guardians are encouraged to participate and enjoy the experience with the kids.
- How long is the event? The activity typically takes 2-3 hours from check-in to completion depending on wait-time at the Construction Yard and the complexity of your design.
- May we take home our model once we are complete? Models are not allowed to leave the BSA Space or the Atlantic Wharf building during the event. The city is created by the collective effort of many groups and families. If models were removed then other participants would not be able to view the city in its entirety. Families can collect their model on Saturday, April 18th.
- Where is the event? The event is at the BSA Space, Atlantic Wharf, 290 Congress Street, Boston, MA. To learn more about BSA Space, go to http://bsaspace.org/about/
- How do I get there via public transportation? The BSA Space is within a short walk from South Station and MBTA Ferry routes. Consult the MBTA’s Trip planner for more information.
- Is parking available? Pay parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at the Atlantic Wharf Parking Garage at 280 Congress Street. From the garage, use the “Waterfront” elevator. There is also limited number of metered street parking spaces. KidsBuild! registration is on the 1st floor.
To inquire about current parking rates, call the garage office at 617-603-7195 or go to http://www.atlanticwharfboston.com/awb/parking.html
- I don’t have time to volunteer at the event but how can I help out? KidsBuild! is always looking for art supplies, materials, monetary and printing service donations. Architecture and design firms can contribute material for the construction of buildings. Please contact email@example.com for more info.
- My office is cleaning out our material library, what materials can be donated? where can I drop them off? and when? Donations of laminate, small tiles, flooring, string, fabric and more are being collected now at Gensler’s Boston office. Fill out our donation form. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- How can I volunteer? Go HERE to learn about the available positions and to sign up. If you have have questions, contact our volunteer coordinator Jen at email@example.com
- What other activities do you offer? If you are interested in other children design focused activities and events, check out Learning by Design in MA.